robotsdidyourmom

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
i just built my new computer and i store every thing on my HDD right now i just use my SSD for booting all i have been doing is surfing the web watching youtube videos and downloading steam games. Firefox and Steam are both installed to my HDD and i moved my internet temp and tmp files to my HDD but ever hour or two i check my HDD and i see that my SSD is losing like some memory first it lost .5gb and it just lost .1 i think it might be windows downloading updates but im not sure.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
The space you are losing is most likely from System Restore Points, Pagefile, and your Hibernation file.

**See rolli's link for how to change this, it will free up space aswell as prolong the life of your SSD.
Main things are Disable Indexing, if you have the RAM disable the pagefile, otherwise move it to your HDD, and disable hibernation.

theddy

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Can't disable system restore in my 256 Crucial m4. After checking windows index score, there is no button for configure only create on the system protection page. I manage to reduce the size to 3gb instead of the 30gb allocated by windows vista and save more than 20+ gb.
How will i disable system restore?

robotsdidyourmom

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012

I think you might get a quicker response if you make your own thread.
I would help if i could but I'm pretty new to this kinda stuff.