Where can i find the old TR2 alpha demo?

I'm NOT looking the official one, but the leaked one.
I know it has 3 levels, none of them finishable.
Please, i want it just as an antique piece. Or tell me where can i find it.

If you got it, please send it to my gmail account (you've got to split it in several 9 mb files, since gmail limit to
attached files is 10 mb)

msantander [nospam] @gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

(c'mon... don't complain about warez and stuff, this alpha version is 7 years old now)

Salinger wrote:
> I'm NOT looking the official one, but the leaked one.
> I know it has 3 levels, none of them finishable.
> Please, i want it just as an antique piece. Or tell me where can i find it.
>
> If you got it, please send it to my gmail account (you've got to split
> it in several 9 mb files, since gmail limit to attached files is 10 mb)
>
> msantander [nospam] @gmail.com
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> (c'mon... don't complain about warez and stuff, this alpha version is 7
> years old now)

Never heard of it, but would be interested to see what it is all about.

JW

"Salinger" <jd@salinger.citr> wrote in message
> Well, back in mid '97 everybody was talkin' about it.
>
> http://www.cubeit.com/ctimes/news0038.htm
>
> Do a google groups search in a.g.tr for "tr2 beta", sort it by date
> and read from August 97 to present.
> It has even walkthrough & guides.

I was here then. So were a few others that either haven't seen your
posts or simply chose to leave it alone. her eepiness was here and
talking about it a little bit. There was indeed a 'E3 preview' that was
on a couple of the more popular game mag sites. When the talking about
it was going on, TR2 hadn't been released yet, and I was just finishing
up TR1 for the first time. Let's just say that some particular items
have been cleaned up. You will likely only get that from a warez site
or in private from an individual. I've looked in my own archives and I
do not have it. I recall that I did dl it, but it crashed and locked up
my system every time I executed it. I didn't keep it because it didn't
run.

A good one from August of '97 for you:
> I see postings about a T2 demo, but I can't find it on the Tombraider
> website. Am I blind?
>
> Tom

No you're not blind. The "Tomb Raider 2 Beta" is actually an illegal
alpha version that was supposedly smuggled out of E3 (Although that
hasn't been confirmed). This alpha isn't in anyway endorsed by Core and
Eidos, thats why you wont find it on thier site. Or almost any other
site either, Eidos has done a pretty good job of wiping it out.

bandit347

Tim

> I recall that I did dl it, but it crashed and locked up
> my system every time I executed it. I didn't keep it because it didn't
> run.

I know it didn't run for you, but do you recall which levels it supposedly
featured?

The beta contains only 3 unfinished levels: "Venice", "Wreck Of The Maria Doria", "Catacombs Of The Talion". And none of
them are finishable!

*Sigh* I even know the name of the leaked file in 97 (tomb2b.zip or tomb2b.arj), but a google search about it ends up in
nothing.

Be amazed with the screenshots featuring the TR1 Lara in TR2 venice.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000490

Please help me to find it, i'm now obsessed with it.

Salinger wrote:
> The beta contains only 3 unfinished levels: "Venice", "Wreck Of The
> Maria Doria", "Catacombs Of The Talion". And none of
> them are finishable!
>
> *Sigh* I even know the name of the leaked file in 97 (tomb2b.zip or
> tomb2b.arj), but a google search about it ends up in
> nothing.
>
> Be amazed with the screenshots featuring the TR1 Lara in TR2 venice.
>
> http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000490
>

> Please help me to find it, i'm now obsessed with it.

Have you tried emailing or contacting the person who posted saying "This
screenshot is from TR2 Beta, and luckily I have that version also (PC) ..."

If you cannot contact directly, or via the forum, maybe a search on
Google would help uncover him?

Be sure to let me know if you find it ... I'm intrigued. I even searched
eDonkey for it, to no avail.

http://tinyurl.com/4yz4b

Cheers

JW

Salinger wrote:
> The beta contains only 3 unfinished levels: "Venice", "Wreck Of The
> Maria Doria", "Catacombs Of The Talion". And none of
> them are finishable!
>
> *Sigh* I even know the name of the leaked file in 97 (tomb2b.zip or
> tomb2b.arj), but a google search about it ends up in
> nothing.
>
> Be amazed with the screenshots featuring the TR1 Lara in TR2 venice.
>
> http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000490
>

> Please help me to find it, i'm now obsessed with it.

Altavista comes up with this!

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~herring/flossy3.txt

Seems like someone is trying to sell it as part of a Warez disk!!

JW

"Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> I recall that I did dl it, but it crashed and locked up
>> my system every time I executed it. I didn't keep it because it
>> didn't run.
>>

> I know it didn't run for you, but do you recall which levels it
> supposedly featured?

Lost Valley was one, and the reason I dl'd it. Don't recall the others.
There were three "excerpts" mentioned. None were complete "levels".
McG.

"Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> I recall that I did dl it, but it crashed and locked up
>> my system every time I executed it. I didn't keep it because it
>> didn't run.
>>

> I know it didn't run for you, but do you recall which levels it
> supposedly featured?

Pardon my earlier reply, that was about a TR1 demo....sorry.
I really don't know what was supposed to be in the TR2 e3 demo.
McG.

Salinger wrote:
> I'm NOT looking the official one, but the leaked one.
> I know it has 3 levels, none of them finishable.
> Please, i want it just as an antique piece. Or tell me where can i find it.
>
> If you got it, please send it to my gmail account (you've got to split
> it in several 9 mb files, since gmail limit to attached files is 10 mb)
>
> msantander [nospam] @gmail.com
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> (c'mon... don't complain about warez and stuff, this alpha version is 7
> years old now)

Another close call ...

http://hem.passagen.se/moonbase/tr2dl.htm

JW