Multiple XP Pro installation Boot Choice?

I have XP installed on my old disk (C:) and on the new one (F:). Reason: I want
to abandon the system on c: (because it is diseased) and migrate my data to the
new disk over time. Is there a way to have the boot process (at the c: root)
present a choice and then boot from the indicated disk?

Right now the only way I can see is to change the BIOS start sequence.

rs

With both drives connected do a Repair Install on F: Doing that will
give you a menu at bootup. Check here for further info
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Or you can use the
Recovery Console and use the
Bootcfg command. Take a look here
;314058]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];314058

"TCEBob" <tcebobatgwidotnet> wrote in message
>I have XP installed on my old disk (C:) and on the new one (F:). Reason: I
>want to abandon the system on c: (because it is diseased) and migrate my
>data to the new disk over time. Is there a way to have the boot process (at
>the c: root) present a choice and then boot from the indicated disk?
>
> Right now the only way I can see is to change the BIOS start sequence.
>
> rs

Thanks, Rich. I'm going to sleep on the repair installation, seeing as the new
system is upgraded to sp2 and ain't broke. Bootcfg looks promising.

rs

"Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> With both drives connected do a Repair Install on F: Doing that will give
> you a menu at bootup. Check here for further info
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Or you can use the
> Recovery Console and use the
> Bootcfg command. Take a look here
> ;314058]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];314058
>
> "TCEBob" <tcebobatgwidotnet> wrote in message
>>I have XP installed on my old disk (C:) and on the new one (F:). Reason: I
>>want to abandon the system on c: (because it is diseased) and migrate my data
>>to the new disk over time. Is there a way to have the boot process (at the c:
>>root) present a choice and then boot from the indicated disk?
>>
>> Right now the only way I can see is to change the BIOS start sequence.
>>
>> rs

TRENDING THREADS