My screen freezes

ahsanit

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
while im using internet or playing game or watching movie suddenly my screen goes black and then comes back again but then it stucks.

cpu 1 ghz
ram 1 g
nvidia 256

cpu fan is working and in graphic card there is no fan but only a silicon chip

please some1 help

Solution
Internet, games and movies are all which consume high amounts of memory, power and produce enough heat in the system.

seems more like graphic problem. the graphic card unable to hold the pressure, freaks out.

by the way did the 1ghz, 1GB ram and nvidia256 come factory? because they dont go together! before you can fully use the 256MB capacity of the graphic card, your system most probably would reach its 1ghz cap! and before you can fully utilise your 1GB ram, your system agan would hit the 1ghz cap. seems like your other 128MB graphic and 500MB ram is always sitting idle.

ur system is a mis match. get a new processor, everythng else is perfect.

oh for your problem, you system should also be well ventilated and strictly important if...

sparteca

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Internet, games and movies are all which consume high amounts of memory, power and produce enough heat in the system.

seems more like graphic problem. the graphic card unable to hold the pressure, freaks out.

by the way did the 1ghz, 1GB ram and nvidia256 come factory? because they dont go together! before you can fully use the 256MB capacity of the graphic card, your system most probably would reach its 1ghz cap! and before you can fully utilise your 1GB ram, your system agan would hit the 1ghz cap. seems like your other 128MB graphic and 500MB ram is always sitting idle.

ur system is a mis match. get a new processor, everythng else is perfect.

oh for your problem, you system should also be well ventilated and strictly important if you have a mini tower.

Solution

ahsanit

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
na it does not come with the factory. im upgrading my pc one by one

1st it was 512 ram and 1.8ghz processor and 128 Gcard nvidia.
nw i bought 1gb ram and 256 nvidia.

and WOW i didnt realised mismatch. i thought it will work fine.

wat do u prefer with 1gb ram and 256gcard?

ahsanit

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
na it does not come with the factory. im upgrading my pc one by one

1st it was 512 ram and 1.8ghz processor and 128 Gcard nvidia.
nw i bought 1gb ram and 256 nvidia.

and WOW i didnt realised mismatch. i thought it will work fine.

wat do u prefer with 1gb ram and 256gcard?

sparteca

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
for laptop
go for lets say 1.5ghz or above pentium m
or anything above 2.0ghz or above of celeron m
for desktop
2.0ghz of pentium 4 or above
or 2.5 or above of celeron