Ideal power supply for 9800gt

sinners_body

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
i m having a nvidia 9800gt g-card bt in recrent days the card is crashing nd hanging too much all though i hav a sata HD bt i m totally shocked by sudden drop of my gaming performance.....i m playing games for 1 hour and... baam.... computer shuts down barely i can use my pc for 2-3 hours..i hav cleaned all my cooling fans nd the whole cabinet...nd updated my driver too latest edition...i want to know the reasone of this problem...is it for the power supply or the g-card got hot too much ..??i m regularly checking my cabinets heat nd my g-cards heat it seems quite normal....soooo what m i suppose to do now...??need urgent response...i cant take this nemore :pfff: :pfff: :fou: :fou:

my pc hav these things..
dual core-2.50ghz
ram-DDR2 2gb
motherboard-gigabyte s series(gaming edition)
hard drive-sata
GPU-NVEDIA 9800gt
O.S:winxp-32bit
drivers are all up to date

average heat of agp card is-67c while playing game-87c-90c
average heat of whole cabinet is 68-90... :eek:

shubham1401

Distinguished
Which PSU do you have currently?

I would suggest you a Corsair 400CX Power supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008&Tpk=400cx

I am also running a 9800GT with this PSU for more than a year and so far this thing is rock stable. It can deliver enough power for a 9800GT.

However if you wanna spend a little more then there is another awesome PSU that can handle any single GPU so if you upgrade in future you don't need to change the power supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004&Tpk=550vx

Your card's load temps seems fine to me.

shubham1401

Distinguished

Now that's wayy to high for a stock clocked processor!!

Even stock cooler is sufficient for cooling a CPU at stock Speeds...
Just Re-seat the heat sink that should help in lowering the temps. Also apply some thermal compound like Arctic Silver 5.

sinners_body

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
bt i hav a good amount of cooling fans in my cabinet....sooo do i still need artic silver ..artic silver comes wid a gud amount of money currently i m going a bit low on money supply soo is there ne other way...to prevent this problem??