Sign in with
Your question

Computer wont recognise Graphics card!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 28, 2010 9:45:18 AM

I recently purchased a Twintech Geforce GT240 and a NZXT Lexa S (case). I got the video card a day earlier than the case so i decided to put it in and mess around with it to see what it could do. After installing the drivers it worked like a charm.
This morning i got the case and moved everything over to the new case, everything went fine other than my graphcs card wont work, i thought it might be the card not being in the slot correctly, but when i look in i see the fan on the card spinning so it must be working!
What can i do, i checked in device manager and the GT240 isnt even listed!
I might try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but if it doesnt recognise its existance thats not going to do much!
April 28, 2010 11:55:42 AM

thor04e said:
I recently purchased a Twintech Geforce GT240 and a NZXT Lexa S (case). I got the video card a day earlier than the case so i decided to put it in and mess around with it to see what it could do. After installing the drivers it worked like a charm.
This morning i got the case and moved everything over to the new case, everything went fine other than my graphcs card wont work, i thought it might be the card not being in the slot correctly, but when i look in i see the fan on the card spinning so it must be working!
What can i do, i checked in device manager and the GT240 isnt even listed!
I might try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but if it doesnt recognise its existance thats not going to do much!

try the following.

1) remove the card from the slot , wait a few seconds, put it back in.
-check device manager

2) if step one fails switch to another slot ( if you have another one available I.E. if your mobo supports mutli gpu setup.)

3) if step one and two still fail try the video card on a different computer.

4) If all of the above still fail then your video card is damaged and you must RMA it.
m
l
!