Ethernet controller issue

I have just finished a clean install of Windows XP professional on my "primary" PC, a refurbished IBM Thinkcentre that has been working fine for me for the past several years. Recently it was taking a lot of time on the internet and I thought that a clean install would help things.

After the install, I cannot connect to the internet. Ethernet controller in Device Manager has a yellow ? and it states that "The drivers for this device are not installed. .

Hardware ID's:
PCI\VEN_14E&DEV_1654&SUBSYS_02D91014&REV_03
PCI\VEN_14E&DEV_1654&SUBSYS_02D91014
PCI\VEN_14E&DEV_1654&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_14E&DEV_1654&CC_0200

Driver Provider - Unknown
Driver Date - Not available
Driver Version - Not available
Digital Signer - Not digitally signed

Any assistance would be appreciated. Currently I am still connected to the internet via my laptop and netgear router, with ATT DSL modem.

Would it be possible to obtain the driver via my laptop and "sneakernet" it using a USB drive -- if this is the problem?

Thank you!
5 answers Last reply
More about ethernet controller issue
  1. have you tried the Lenovo website? they support the IBM computers now.

your card seems to be a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
  2. I would locate the driver for the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, download to my usb and then take over to my IBM? What folder would I place the driver in? (Not much of an IT geek)
  3. you should be able to run the installation program for the driver from the USB. It should create a directory and then install the driver for you.
  4. I tried as hard as possible to look for a solution myself but wasn't able to.
  5. see if these drives work.

extract the file to your USB. move it over to the other computer. update driver in the Device Manager and point it to the location on the USB.

http://www.broadcom.com/support/license.php?file=570x/win_xp_2k3_32-14.8.0.5a.zip
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers PCI Ethernet Controller Clean Install Windows XP