Help with finding a good 220mm side case fan??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Hey guys just a quick question. I have a case that I am buying all new fans for to get better air flow as the fans that come with the case just don't cut it 4 me. So far I bought all of mt 120mm fans from newegg but my case also has a 220mm fan on the left side of the case blowing cold air in. I can find a bunch of nice 120mm fans but a nice 220mm fan is nowhere 2 be found. I am looking for an after market 1 with a high cfm rating but newegg only has 1 that I could fan therefore I have no base to compare fans to so I can find the best 1.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A GOOD SUGGESTION OF A 220MM CASE FAN WITH A HIGH CFM?? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE BEST 1 IS? :pt1cable: Thanks yall

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
ok thank you that is the 1 i was thinking of getting in the first place because that is the only 1 that newegg has. I just don't wanna buy something that is not any better than the 1 that came with my case thats all and I can't seem to find the specs on the fan i got now. I can also replace that side fan with 2 120mm fans maybe I will do that. Anyways thanks for the input

Shibbey_75

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
I am looking for a good 220mm fan to replace the one I currently have.

I have the Zalman LQ1000 case.
After adding the GPU water block, the stock fan is smashed up against the water block. I did not realize it for some time and damage has occured to the fan. it is possible to run without the side fan, but I have found that the CPU temps rise real easily without the fan to cool the water.

Anyway, I was looking at the Yate Loon 220mm x 30mm Blue LED System Fan (D22SL-12H) or the Akasa 220mm x 30mm Ultra Quiet Blue LED Fan (95.63 CFM , 23.48 dBA) (AK-F2230SM-CB).

However, both have the same thickness as the fan I currently have. I am looking for a slimmer 220mm fan. Anyone know of any? maybe a 25mm thickness?? If I must, I may be able to do some case modding to make the 30mm fit, but would prefer not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.