Sign in with
Your question

955 BE Too Hot!

Last response: in CPUs
August 4, 2010 7:09:11 AM

Hi guys i've recently purchased a new CPU and 3 different coolers to see why it is so hot.

originally i purchased a hyper 212 plus and it ran 44c idle. I reapplied the heat sink with different pastes and methods. Then i returned the item because i was unhappy. i installed the stock cooler and had the same temp readings. Then i decided to go with coolit eco alc (liquid cooling) and i still have 44c idle temps. i found out that i had a small scratch on my processor but i didnt think that would make a big deal since it had applied thermal paste correctly.

before this i had a 9550 that ran much cooler high 20c on my ecs motherboard but ever since i installed my 2 timed rma asus m3a32mvp deluxe i have ran hot temps constantly with different CPU's.

Please help this is driving me insane!!

More about : 955 hot

August 4, 2010 4:40:17 PM

Maybe the temp readings are wrong...

How are you reading the temps?
a c 162 à CPUs
August 4, 2010 4:49:05 PM

What are you using to read your temps? Did you check your load temps to see if there was a significant difference between them? Most aftermarket coolers dont drop your idle temp too much but they help a lot with the load temps.

Also check in BIOS to make sure that cool'n'quiet is turned on, that will help drop your idle temps.
August 5, 2010 6:33:29 AM

i am using amd overdrive and the bios to read the temps. just installed the 955 be stock cooler on a 720be and i overclocked it to 3.2 with idle temps of 32. is the motherboard reading the temps wrong? if it is im happy since its still under waranty.
!