Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Non qvl memory is working

Last response: in Motherboards
February 24, 2011 5:09:31 AM

before i even knew about the qualified vendors list i purchased 2x4gb of PNY ddr3 for my M4A89GTD PRO mb. it posted with one stick then i added the second and it seems to work fine. now i've gone and ordered the same deal for a total of 16gb. are there factors i'm not aware of or timings, etc. that i must change for it to be perfect? also the xfx5770 is not on the qvl and it works as well; the gpu just doesn't show up in the monitoring software. have i screwed up?
thanks guys

heres the memory i bought:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : qvl memory working

February 24, 2011 6:31:26 AM

I'm assuming you're talking about the QVL from Asus. Look up the memory on PNY. They will be more reliable.

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b } Memory
a c 156 V Motherboard
February 24, 2011 6:45:46 AM

A particular memory not on a QVL list may still work. It just means that the memory wasn't tested with that motherboard.

For the video card, check the specs of the motherboard and the video card. Both use PCIe X16 interfaces. They are compatible.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 24, 2011 7:45:37 AM

1965930,3,125307 said:
A particular memory not on a QVL list may still work. It just means that the memory wasn't tested with that motherboard.

For the video card, check the specs of the motherboard and the video card. Both use PCIe X16 interfaces. They are compatible.[/quotemsg

OKAY, great and thanks i'll check further. i can't find an answer to this: the xfx card, i guessed because it was not an asus approved gpu, does not show up on the boards software, i.e., EPU. i d/l smartdoctor and it will not show the card either. i thought i'd like to have the board's management with the epu. i've uninstalled SD three times to no avail; is there a particular version of smartdoctor i could try? should i even be concerned that the asus epu leaves out the graphics portion? i have OCCT; does it do the same job as the asus epu? or maybe another program that would help regulate?

you are appreciated'
kevin
March 6, 2011 12:09:51 PM

Best answer selected by ss_56.
!