Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Testing

Last response: in Motherboards
February 24, 2011 9:36:39 AM

I am currently testing it to see if it works correctly, I have attached it only to the PSU. The standby power LED lights up but when I attach front panel power on/off button and press it to turn it on nothing happens, the PSU's fan doesn't start, any attached chassis fans don't spin, nothing happens.
There is power going to the motherboard but it doesn't seem able to pass the power on to any of the aforementioned.
Does the CPU when installed on this motherboard control all functions including basics such as turn on/off and any attached chassis fans?

In the past on other motherboards such as, Asus P55 when as above just attached to the PSU when panel power on/off button was pressed the PSU/fan and any attached chassis fans functioned fine.

Is this normal with the Asus P8P67 Motherboard?

If the motherboard is getting power from the PSU surely if a fan is attached it should power up?

Thanks in advance for any replies
February 24, 2011 9:46:11 AM

Sounds like your power switch isn't hooked up right. PWR LED and PWR BTN (PWR SW) two different things. The motherboard light will light up even when off. It's basically just to let you know that the power supply is plugged in, on, and there's power running to the board.
a b V Motherboard
February 24, 2011 2:04:49 PM

You should have CPU and heatsink installed with thermal paste plus the 8-pin (or 4-pin) CPU power connector connected as well.
Connect a beeper as well for troubleshooting.
February 24, 2011 4:57:26 PM

Thanks very much for the replies
!