GDDR2 3 4 OR 5

CORE CLOCK

MEMORY CLOCK

TEXTURE FILTER RATE

OR ANY OTHER

SORRY ABOUT ENGLISH
12 answers Last reply
More about what important part
  1. Everything is important, but in value of greatest/least...

Shaders
    ROPs
    GDDR
    Bus Width
    Core clock
    Memory clock

Remember, you can't compare two cards based on those alone (from ATI and nVidia). I can predict the performance of an HD5870 to an HD5850 because they're the same architecture, but not from an HD4890 to say a GTX275.
  2. Its not black and white like that im afraid its way more complicated and you just cant pick a card based on its spec numbers unless you understand how it all works together.
    These links are a generation or so old now but the site will have updates no doubt.
    http://www.beyond3d.com/content/reviews/16
    http://www.beyond3d.com/content/reviews/1/14

Mactronix
  3. It truly is hard to classify which is the most important, As both architectures like shadow 187 said at this point are very different from each other

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-geforce-gtx-480,2598-6.html
    here's toms hierarchy chart to give you a rough guide or which card is better than which, many of these are debatable, but for example a 5870 that is 3 tiers above a 260 is definitely better
  4. Just read the reviews, and try not to figure it out yourself simply by the numbers, since the thing is a little complicated.
  5. What do you want you GPU to do fo you?
    If you have games, check their recommended requierements. not minimal; recommended
  6. and remember right now some cards only go up to directx 9 and 11 is now out
  7. The connector..without it, you go nowhere.
  8. The obvious answer is all of them. You should be looking at benchmarks. In the end gaming performance is all that matters. If you have a specific questions about various versions of the same card then ask us, otherwise the chart johnny linked is a good general guide to get you started on what cards to look at.
  9. rheaun said:
    What do you want you GPU to do fo you?
    If you have games, check their recommended requierements. not minimal; recommended

NOW I HAVE ATI 5850 AND I CAN PLAY EVERY GAME AT MAX SETTING

BUT I ASK THIS QUESTION ONLY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE
  10. Stop Yelling!

honestly, why caps?
  11. shadow187 said:
    Everything is important, but in value of greatest/least...

Shaders
    ROPs
    GDDR
    Bus Width
    Core clock
    Memory clock

Remember, you can't compare two cards based on those alone (from ATI and nVidia). I can predict the performance of an HD5870 to an HD5850 because they're the same architecture, but not from an HD4890 to say a GTX275.

you gave greatest value "shaders" but ati cards have not shader clock ???
  12. You're correct, but nVidia has less of them.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics