razerlin

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Hello,
I am having a problem with my dual core E5400 2.7 ghz.
Computer shows 300mhz(50*2) at start.
I think at start page of computer
dual core 2.7ghz shuold be shown.
In bios I found vcore si failed.
but the computer still works and can play high games.
If you can,please explain me.
Thanks

If the GPU does not need any extra power connections then your PSU is fine for the rig.
You fail to mention which model GeForce 8400 it is, once again very incomplete information.
The question is not whether or not the PSU will support the rig, the question is is it failing you or not. And is your BIOS set to default or not.
Stop asking questions and follow up on the first problem, if you did what was asked or not....

razerlin

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

REPLAY
Sorry for my incomplete facts
It is Geforce 8400GS 256mb
I am using windows 7 arc gamer edition
also the bios is not set to default
If I set bios to default,will there be any damage to my windows system.
Thanks again for your answers
Can I know the meaning of vcore.

razerlin

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
NO,I don't overclocked it.But in our home the voltage is not stable and I think it my be the cause.Will there be any lower performence by vcore fail.And is vcore fail mean there is any permanent damage in my processor.

Well, I think that narrows down the problem to a failing PSU again, since the power@Home isn't stable, a piece of advise would be to use a good UPS that can take the fluctuations your area suffers from.
A good UPS and a decent PSU will solve your problems for a long time to come. Although it may not be the cheapest option out there, you could also go in for a Stabilizer if that it cheaper , but still, get a good UPS and it should suffice.

If you continue to use the processor for a very very long time with a bad PSU then your processor is not the only thing that may be harmed, you could end up with a dead Mobo too.....
The performance will see a downtrend.... but over a period of use, the more frequent problems would be random freezes and restarts...... boot failures... BSODs etc etc....