Run From Hard Drive

I'd like to run TR_III from my hard drive, but... Five of the files on the
CD have attributes 'hidden'. I've not found the way to COPY them anywhere.
Can't change the attribute (it's a CD); WINDOWS' CUt/PASTE doesn't work.
MS-DOS' COPY doesn't see the files since they're HIDDEN. Just how does one
get a CD file with 'hidden attribute' over to a file on the hard drive?

Even if someone knows how then there's the problem of getting the ***.exe
file to refer to the version on the hard drive instead of the CD.

Any hope for all of this?

Andy

In article <bXQld.11042$_J2.1589@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, "Ladimer
Andrews" <landrews2@earthlink.net> writes:

>Any hope for all of this?
>
>Andy

There is a product called "Game Drive". It allows you to completely load and
copy the necessary files from the CD to the hard drive so you can play it
without the CD. I found this at Wal-Mart for a reasonable price.

Michiel

Those files are the copy protection files. They are a few GB in size, while
in fact they are empty. Core gave them an incorrect filesize to avoid people
copying them.
However there are cracks available that allow you to play it from harddrive,
or you could use a CD emulator.

Ok, there are five files with the ending "afp" , this are dummy files, you
don`t need to copy this files to your hard drive,
if you want to play from your hard drive, copy the other files to a folder
of your hard drive, look at
http://www.laraunlimited.de/downloads2/downloads2.htm , look for the No-CD
Patches and download them.
Unzip the files, copy the tr3 executable to the folder of tr3 and start the
game with the new executable.

regards Volker

--
http://www.laraunlimited.de