No one will help me, this is my last forum im trying

voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Ok iv been to like 4 differant forums and no one will reply to me. I'v been to ATI/AMD forums, Vision tek, nvdia(even tho to card is ati) and some other random forum. Ok ill start with system spec then my problem.

Service Pack:3
Hard drive:120 GB
AMD 3000+ Prossessor 2 GHz
2 GB ram
***ATI RADEON HD 3650 1GB DDR2 AGP***

Now Heres my issue. I understand that the card reccommends 300w Power so we will start here. I hooked the card up and found out that i need a 4Pin connector. So i unplugged both my cd drives and hooked a 4pin into the card. I did this because i was my only choice being is i had no other 4pins avalible that wound reach the card. So all that is hooked up is the card and my hard drive. Now everything worked great till today when i was playing fallout 3. My computer will randomly restart out of no where. I tried turning the graphics down, still dident work. Now i can play this game on max settings no problem. Also i can play bio shock and crysis MAXED out and it will not restart. I dont understand. Is it when i play fallout my card tries to get more power causeing my computer to shut down but i dont see why when fallout dosent require as much as the other games. Or is it just the game itself doing it. And my card stays at about 60 degrees c when playing. So it shouldent be overheating, i even put a cooling fan beside it to keep it at about 40 c. comp still shuts down? any advice? any help would be so amazing. I dont even get a BSOD screen, just black then restart.

voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
oh i have moded the game to play without a disc, just straight from my hard drive. Is my card getting enough power. My computer says the output is 300w max, and being is only the card and my hard drive is connected should be enough power right? It will let me play for a while till i get to a part in the game then boom restart. and im sry if this is totally the wrong place for this post. i even tried fallouts forum. Sad plp these days only think about themselves. D:

randomkid

Distinguished

It a fine place to post... don't worry about it. Does your PC restart always in the same part of the game or is it at random parts?

voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
My brother can play it on his comp with no problems. and he has only half my system specs. he only has 1 gb ram and a 512 mb 8400 gs nvida card witch my card is way more powerfull. his comp has never restarted......

No intention to start a battle but please fill me in on this.. "crysis maxed out.!!" Explain that.. As for fallout 3, it could be the case with a bad executable (.exe).. Although i wont give the hardware a pass either.. As i assume, your PSU is a non-branded one which generally tend to be missing the keyword stability with them..

TRENDING THREADS