Sony Notebook repair station...?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
October 14, 2004 12:09:37 AM

Can anyone here suggest a reputable Sony authorized repair center.

Does anyone have any experience with SparePartsWarehouse.com.

I am about to send my Sony PCG-FXA49 to them for a repair attempt, but
am a little hesitant just because I don't know anything about them.
(Don't know why I am hesitant, the notebook is worthless in its
present condition; it keeps telling me that HDD failure is immenent so
I replaced the HDD but it still crashes with the same message...)

I live in the Dallas Texas area; if any one knows a repair shop in
this area that can repair a Sony notebook, please let me know that
too.

Thanks
John
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2004 11:22:02 AM

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:09:37 -0500, john
<jwcross@airmail.spamicide.net> wrote:

>Can anyone here suggest a reputable Sony authorized repair center.

There are no Sony Authorized Repair Centers - they send all US-sold
laptops to Fremont, CA for repair or replacement.
Emanuel
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2004 12:05:56 PM

"john" <jwcross@airmail.spamicide.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone here suggest a reputable Sony authorized repair center.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with SparePartsWarehouse.com.
>
> I am about to send my Sony PCG-FXA49 to them for a repair attempt, but
> am a little hesitant just because I don't know anything about them.
> (Don't know why I am hesitant, the notebook is worthless in its
> present condition; it keeps telling me that HDD failure is immenent so
> I replaced the HDD but it still crashes with the same message...)
>
> I live in the Dallas Texas area; if any one knows a repair shop in
> this area that can repair a Sony notebook, please let me know that
> too.
>
> Thanks
> John

Depending on what exactly needs to be repaired, there is a person who
inhabits the unofficial Sony forum of some repute.
http://pub173.ezboard.com/bunofficialsony in the notebook hardware
forum. I have purchased parts from spareparts warehouse and AFIK they
are reliable.

a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 12:02:22 PM

We repair a ton of Sonys and frankly to tell you the truth I've seen
what some authorized service centers have dont to customers
notebooks.. Had a New Z1A Celeron model in last week. Guy sent it to
Sony for a screen issue. (Backlight was out).. They took his 200.00..
then gave him an estimate of 700.00 to replace the screen.. He sent
it to us, I replaced the backlight in about 2 hours and we charged
him 200.00 Total (shipping included) I have an associate in Houston
to help in verifying your machines problem. FXA series have a few
factory faults, IE: ram slots, DC connector issues, Thermal CPU
issues, Backlights on the 15" models are common, As well as power
supply problems. We dont charge to Estimate and diagnose the problem,
And if you need we have a referral sheet that will fill a CD rom. Ken
www.ikenfixit.com
!