TOMB RAIDER 7 TARGETS XBOX CONSOLE

So if early 2006 is 'several months' after PS2 gets it can I assume it
will be out around mid next year? I find that surprising as I haven't
read any hype about it yet, I hope it's not going to be another rush
job, I'll buy it regardless, I'm an addict, but please oh please I hope
it's a cracker of a game this time.

Andrea

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines1931.html
TOMB RAIDER 7 TARGETS XBOX CONSOLE
Copyright © 2004 www.tombraiderchronicles.com | November 10th 2004

A recent article in the December issue of Electronics Gaming Monthly
(Issue 185) announces that Eidos plans to debut an XBOX version of Tomb
Raider 7 in early 2006; several months after Sony Playstation 2 copies
will hit the shelves. This information is consistent with reports
circulating the web that progress is well underway in adapting Lara's
new adventure to suit all current formats. Core Design originally
planned The Angel of Darkness to debut in the new XBOX format, but the
concept was dismissed due to an exclusive distribution agreement
hammered out between Eidos and Sony.

Sony were highly sceptical and harshly critical of The Angel Of Darkness
throughout both the closing stages of its development and once the game
had been released. Considering such a negative reaction from Sony to The
Angel of Darkness, it is hardly surprising Eidos are expanding their
platform of choice for future Tomb Raider adventures. Eidos transferred
development of the Tomb Raider franchise to its Crystal Dynamics studio
in 2003 in a move the company said would enhance the value and maximise
the commercial opportunity of one of its key franchis

<Shrug>

--

from beyond...
Ghost of PW

Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

"Unadulterated Me" <froupaccount@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> So if early 2006 is 'several months' after PS2 gets it can I assume it
> will be out around mid next year? I find that surprising as I haven't read
> any hype about it yet, I hope it's not going to be another rush job, I'll
> buy it regardless, I'm an addict, but please oh please I hope it's a
> cracker of a game this time.
>
> Andrea
>
> http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines1931.html
> TOMB RAIDER 7 TARGETS XBOX CONSOLE
> Copyright © 2004 www.tombraiderchronicles.com | November 10th 2004
>
> A recent article in the December issue of Electronics Gaming Monthly
> (Issue 185) announces that Eidos plans to debut an XBOX version of Tomb
> Raider 7 in early 2006; several months after Sony Playstation 2 copies
> will hit the shelves. This information is consistent with reports
> circulating the web that progress is well underway in adapting Lara's new
> adventure to suit all current formats. Core Design originally planned The
> Angel of Darkness to debut in the new XBOX format, but the concept was
> dismissed due to an exclusive distribution agreement hammered out between
> Eidos and Sony.
>
> Sony were highly sceptical and harshly critical of The Angel Of Darkness
> throughout both the closing stages of its development and once the game
> had been released. Considering such a negative reaction from Sony to The
> Angel of Darkness, it is hardly surprising Eidos are expanding their
> platform of choice for future Tomb Raider adventures. Eidos transferred
> development of the Tomb Raider franchise to its Crystal Dynamics studio in
> 2003 in a move the company said would enhance the value and maximise the
> commercial opportunity of one of its key franchis

All I'm bothered about is that the game is released on PC before any other
format or at the same time as the other formats, and that it isn't some
over-hyped, less than hoped for product like AOD.

I'm still very much looking forward to the TR7 instalment though, and it
does look like steady, un-hyped progress is being made - good news :)

Kieran