Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 5:48:53 PM

Okay so i have
AMD Athlon(tm) 7750 Dual Core Proccesor
2.71 ghz DDR2 Dual Channel
Motherboard is M2N68AM-SE2 Motherboard with
333mhz(667mhz) Ram (My motherboard supports upto 1066mhz only with AM2+ Socket which i have)
2gb DDR2 Ram (1.75gb usable)
Nvidia 9600GT 1gb DDR2 graphics!
I have been searching these days about rams and stuff. My computer is just 3 weeks old.
I wanted to know that is 667mhz ram suitable for gaming? or is it sereiously bad?
I have been enquiring about this for long and people had been saying its slow take 800mhz .. I really cant take the risk of overclocking.
Can anyone please explain if there will be a drastic difference in terms of performance in gaming, cause currently everything is smooth and fine i usually get 35-40 FPS in most games with 1360x768 res and high settings.
Please help and let me know if upgrading to a 800mhz ram or 1066 mhz ram is worth it or will it be just a tiny corpse of difference which is not worth spending my money!
Thank u

More about : 667mhz ram bad

Best solution

August 4, 2010 5:52:06 PM

It's not worth spending money on, the main upgrade for you with RAM is the quantity. You'd notice more of a difference going from 2gb to 4gb of memory then upgrading the speed slightly.

There are a benchmarks out there comparing RAM speeds and their effects on in-game FPS, ultimately it makes very little difference.
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 5:55:25 PM

You got that computer 3 weeks ago? Most of that tech is a couple years old.

Generally memory speed wont affect performance too much, memory bandwidth isnt usually the bottleneck. Big limiting factors in your system would be the older processor, only having 2GB of ram, and the 9600GT which isnt too strong.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 6:13:56 PM

@Hunter yea i know !! But its a budget pc!! :( 
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 6:14:32 PM

Best answer selected by djrox2kool.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 4, 2010 6:15:27 PM

flaminggerbil said:
It's not worth spending money on, the main upgrade for you with RAM is the quantity. You'd notice more of a difference going from 2gb to 4gb of memory then upgrading the speed slightly.

There are a benchmarks out there comparing RAM speeds and their effects on in-game FPS, ultimately it makes very little difference.

Thank you!
m
l
!