Another Crossfire Power Requirement Question

I have a Corsair 850TX, can I safely run two 5830's or 5850's in XFire (2 cards crossfired)?

My Setup So Far:
Case: Antec 900 II (5 120mm Fans) (1 200mm Fan)
Mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
CPU / Cooling: Deneb Black 965 (140w),
DIMM's: GSkill DDR3 1600 8gb latency 8
Storage: Velociraptor 300gb Sata3 10,000rpm (Operating) Samsung 1tb 7200 (storage)
ASUS Blue Ray / DVD Player

Checking Toms Charts I see:
5830's max draw 278-283
5850's max draw 277-282 (lets build in a 5 watt variable)

I would assume (which is probably a terrible idea) that if I had two of these cards XFire it would take a WHOLE lot of geometry to load both cards. That being said I will assume again that my average draw in a regular gaming environment might be 180-200 per card for a total of 360-400
That would seem safe.

Thoughts?
9 answers Last reply
More about another crossfire power requirement question
  1. Yes it will run fine. The TX850 is a high quality PSU if you Xfire two of these you will be fine it could probably run two 5870s too.
  2. thanks user. Glad i didn't buy the cheap ass PSU i was lookin at.. Iwin was the brand.
  3. Good choice going with a good brand like Corsair.
  4. System Requirements 500 Watt or greater power supply with 2x 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX Technology in dual mode)

That's from a 5850 from Sapphire.
  5. Say if your happy you can always press the SELECT AS BEST ANSWER BUTTON I would really appreciate that. HEHEHE (joking but if you want you can it show the thread as solved). Yeah like I said before it's safe I think you could but a third one even.
  6. Yah you answered my question how do i mark it solved, not seeing that button between all the ads and spam.
  7. Just want to say it's next to the reply button bottom right of each comment.
    Also forgot to say WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :D
  8. Buggy forum not showing it in Chrome.

Thanks for the welcome.
  9. It's showing for me a well at least I helped you.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems