Graphics Card Recommendation

cvb5858

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I am in need of a recommendation of a graphics card for my new system build. I can't decide exactly what to get. I am building a Core i5-750 system with this Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131621 and this monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009179. (Everything but the monitor isn't set in stone yet though)

My budget is anywhere between $150 and $300 but the lower the better of course :)

My high graphics uses will consist of a little gaming, although not a ton as of now because I have an Xbox; some photo editing, watching videos, maybe recording tv if i get a tuner, and just the general program usage.

I'm open to any suggestions- either ATI or Nvidia.

Thanks!

Solution
Just go for the regular version. There's no reason to pay someone else to OC your video card for you. You can do it yourself easily and with better results.
That card is a good choice but I'd probably go for the Sapphire card for the same price or the HIS for $5 less.

cvb5858

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Well I have an xbox 360 which means I am not much into PC gaming as of now. I do play a little Age of Empires 2 but that is old school. I guess I would just like to be able to run Modern Warfare 2 or something of the sort if I so choose at the resolution of my monitor (1920x1080)

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009

Anti-aliasing is the process by which the graphics card smooths the edges of 3d objects, causing less pixellation. It blends the colors to create a nice smooth edge.

By the way, a 5770 will be fine for mw2.

Just go for the regular version. There's no reason to pay someone else to OC your video card for you. You can do it yourself easily and with better results.
That card is a good choice but I'd probably go for the Sapphire card for the same price or the HIS for $5 less.

Solution
They are generally considered to be a bit better brand and they don't bin their cards which may theoretically get you one that overclocks better(kind of doubt this is actually the case but you never know.)
As for the warranty I believe the Sapphire is 3 years and that is probably beyond the useful life of the card anyway.