My computer carshes randomly every 20-30 mins

blakdart

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Hey after owning my nice computer for several months with no problems,my computer now crashes every 20-30 mins

Mother board--ASUS P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

memory--G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

CPU--Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor

Cd/DvD drive--Sony Optiarc black Drive

PSU--Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W

video card--XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB

cooler--COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

Any idea?

I also bought a new 1 tb hdd,as i had a hunch it was the problem...and I'm still having the same issues ..

Dogsnake

Distinguished
What OS are you running? You have a balanced selection of components. Are your temps. ok? What exactly is happening when you say crashes? Is it going bsd, freeze up or restart/shutdown? Have you installed any new software recently? Have you upgraded the bios, drivers or anything else? You may have a software conflict. Please provide more details.

blakdart

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

1. Win7 ultimate
2.19-23 C load normaly when just running fire fox,sometimes fluxes to 30 something randomly

3.no blue screen,

Yet when my computer crashes it simply shuts off,yet most of the time my DVD drive makes a "reving" sound,then after a few short moments my computer just randomly shuts off.....
I still have the crashing problem when i disconnect the DVD drive from computer.

4.no I have not updated BIOS,not sure about drivers though

5.I over clocked over 4.0 ghz on my i5 via software for short amounts of time,just to see if i could...and take screens...i remembered to stay under the voltage limit....