How to specify which application views html source in IE

How can I specify which application is called to view source of html
pages when browsing with IE.

Details:

I remember making such a setting somewhere and currently have an
editor named ultraedit called to view source. I don't remember where
I set it. But cannot find it in UltraEdit or IE help files.

I imagine it can be set in File/options but with what extension. The
html extension currently shows its association as firefox.
1 answer Last reply
More about application views html source

    Set the "View Source" editor in the registry:

    Open Regedit and navigate to:

    [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor\Editor Name]

    In the right-pane, double-click (default) and type the application name with
    full path.

    Example:

    To set WordPad as the View Source editor, type:
    C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    <reader@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:umzuge57j.fsf@newsguy.com...
    > How can I specify which application is called to view source of html
    > pages when browsing with IE.
    >
    > Details:
    >
    > I remember making such a setting somewhere and currently have an
    > editor named ultraedit called to view source. I don't remember where
    > I set it. But cannot find it in UltraEdit or IE help files.
    >
    > I imagine it can be set in File/options but with what extension. The
    > html extension currently shows its association as firefox.

Configuration Extension Internet Explorer HTML Windows XP