P8p67 pro problems

asiminaris

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
i am having a few problems with my p8p67 pro motherboard, i am currently running the i5 2500k cpu with it and everytime i overclock my pc to say 4.5 ghz which isnt all that much, i am getting the overclocking failed error, which then means to boot my pc i have to reset everything to default, i purely chose this build to overclock and its annoying that i cant do it. am i doing something wrong?

another issue is that the pc must reboot 3 times before it can boot into windows, sometimes at the bios splash screen it hangs and i have to completely shut it off and restart for it to work.

Please give me some advice. Any advice would be appreciated.

Eagle Eye_54

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011

4.2GHz is not that bad. Yes, some folks have reached over 5Ghz stable for 48 hours but that is the exception, not the rule. That is 900Mhz over stock which is not exactly standing still. ;) My P8P67 Pro would reach 4.4Ghz easy but I was just trying it to see what she would do, I did not run any programs while OC. There is no need to. I could never get it higher than that even after reading every article on the subject and trying different settings, etc. One thing is for sure, I hope you have a good quality CPU cooler installed because the stock fan will not handle the high thermals that Sandy Bridge OC'ing will generate for any length of time. A top quality PSU is also a good thing to have.

Have fun.

MikeLockwood4

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011

I have the very same issue with the p8p67 LE motherboard running the Sandy Bridge I7. The symptoms are very similar, turn on the PC and it stats/stops 3 times but doesnt fire the monitor. A manual restart must take place and then it does the start/stop 3 times again before booting into windows. On the start sequence there is never any HD activity. I recently purchased a new SSD drive. So i know its not a HD failure. PC is liquid cooled and runs a GTX590. Its the strangest thing ive ever known. Mind you im sending it back to Mesh Computers UK for them to sort.

Any advice on how to cure this issue would be helpfull.