Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT to TV issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiqz

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
I just purchased a new 7600 Geforce GT and am having issues when connecting it to my TV. I do not see any other option within the Nvidia control panel to enable a tv connection other than within Display>setup multiple displays>

Within that section there is only one device found which is my monitor, if i click on "My display is not shown on the list". I click Rigorous Display Detection and my card does not recognize it. I also select the option beneath that named "force television detection" and restart my pc, yet nothing displays on my tv.

..... I am surprised there is no option to enable the SVideo connection within the NVidia control pannel - All i am seeing is the "setup multiple displays option"

Some other troubleshooting steps i've taken:

Connecting to another tv
Setting screen resolution to 800x600
setting refresh rate to 60Hz

I have a Panasonic Plasma TH-42PX60. I am connecting an Svideo to component(yellow) from the card to my tv.
I am running windows xp.

This is a picture of the card I have
Inno3D-Geforce-7600GT-512MB-AGP-01.jpg

If anyone can help me figure this out it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you

nathanc1

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
I have the same card and I have to turn the TV on and make the connections before turning the computer on. Rebooting Windows after making the connections works as well. Then go into the NVidia control center and select multiple displays.

mldis83

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

I also have the same card. I am using a VGA cable hookup to my 47" Samsung LCD TV. When I selected the multiple display in the NVidia control center I did get my computer to appear on my tv but then my tv said searching for signal and I lost the connection. I also lost my monitor display. Am I doing something wrong or do I need a different type of hookup? mldis83

Start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's five month old dead one.

Status
Not open for further replies.