Li-On battery repair

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2004 7:05:59 AM

I have a li-on battery for an older Fujitsu laptop that is dead and
will not take any kind of charge. Is there a repair facility for these
batteries. A new one costs 3 times the worth of the computer. Any
thoughts?
Thanks
JEP

More about : battery repair

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2004 4:31:04 PM

Sorry Mate- repairing a dead Li-Ion costs the same if it is possible! The
older NiMh were able to be refreshed and reconditioned. This Li-Ion
technology is far behind and wont accept this. If you are lucky buy the new
one if possible. Li-Ion die after 3-4years no matter you used them or not.
They just oxidate.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2004 4:31:05 PM

"NX70" <jangkai-!DONTSPAM!-@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Sorry Mate- repairing a dead Li-Ion costs the same if it is possible! The
> older NiMh were able to be refreshed and reconditioned. This Li-Ion
> technology is far behind and wont accept this. If you are lucky buy the
new
> one if possible. Li-Ion die after 3-4years no matter you used them or not.
> They just oxidate.

What about these refurb Thinkpad batteries.
http://www.refurbishedibmbattery.com/index.html
I know it's about supply and demand but if these guys can do IBM batteries
for under $40US why are others so darned expensive.
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2004 5:17:40 PM

Re: "Li-Ion die after 3-4years no matter you used them or not. They
just oxidate."

Lithium battery technology is among the most stable and long lasting of
any battery type. I have several LiIon batteries from 1997 that are
still going strong. They will last much longer than 3-4 years if they
are properly used and stored.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2004 7:33:05 PM

As far as I see they rebuild it, as it stands on the webpage means they open
it and replace the old with a new one. But they don't refresh the battery.
Anyway-that is a good deal!! And if it is true what they write you get new
ones. When buying a laptop with batteries it can happen that the battery is
even one ear old. So the life expectancy is quite shorter.

' We can rebuild your laptop battery as long as it was never open before,
even if it's not enough power to start your computer. If the battery is
totally dead and takes no charge at all, we still can fix the electronics
inside the battery pack.

We replace the old cells in your battery with new, high-quality cells, and
we use industry-standard spot welding techniques. That means you're assured
of a high-spec, trouble-free battery. '
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 15, 2004 4:02:57 AM

This is quite interesting as the theory and technics say something
different. I hope mine do last as long as yours!
!