how to share files (or a folder) with win xp home edition ..

I use win home edition and
I'd like to share files in a folder with password (I mean the user have to
know a password to enter in a folder shared in LAN.
But win xp home edition si different from professional edition that let do
that: win xp should not permit that (I think), it is true?
there is another way to do that (share a folder with the LAN but protect
this folder with a pw)?
How ca i do that?
There is a litle program that let that?
There is an ftp serve?
Thank you in advance,
Mario.
1 answer Last reply
More about share files folder home edition

    As many will attest to, WinNT OS's (NT 4.0, 2k, XP, 2k3) all use a far
    "superior" method for controlling file/folder access call "permissions" -
    each user/logon is setup with a "user" group or alone to have its (his/her)
    unique access to files or folders. Password protecting folders as in the
    "old" Win9x days are a thing of the past.

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    "Google is your Friend!"

    "_mario lat" <mario.lat@libero.it> wrote in message
    > I use win home edition and
    > I'd like to share files in a folder with password (I mean the user have to
    > know a password to enter in a folder shared in LAN.
    > But win xp home edition si different from professional edition that let do
    > that: win xp should not permit that (I think), it is true?
    > there is another way to do that (share a folder with the LAN but protect
    > this folder with a pw)?
    > How ca i do that?
    > There is a litle program that let that?
    > There is an ftp serve?