Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASUS P8P67 Pro vs. ASRock P67 Extreme4

Last response: in Motherboards
February 25, 2011 6:00:23 PM

Not sure which one to go with here..... CPU: i5-2500k

ASRock P67 Extreme4

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P67%20Extre...

Seems like a really solid board.

ASUS P8P67 Pro

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=HMMvTCuBcZLfu2YL&...

Budget is not really the issue, as I will pay more for the better board. I am not interested in the super high-end board, as I am not an experienced OC'er.

Do not plan on crossfire or SLI, but would like to have the option in the future.

I cannot find the prices for either of the boards due to the whole B3 issue.

Let me know which one you would choose and why...THANKS!
February 25, 2011 7:39:09 PM

ASRock goes for about 155.00 and the ASUS is about 190.00. I think I am going to go with the ASUS as I am also in the market just because of reputation. The ASRock does look very enticing though.
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
February 25, 2011 8:29:06 PM

both this boards are very good ,overclocking on any P67 Mb's are very simple and straight forward ,before the recall Asus was offering 3 year warranty and Asrock 2,now they both offer 3year.The Pro is very popular and you will find a lot of help around the forums if something goes wrong .
I was going to go the extreme 6 for this build which have on board Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Switch with LED and Pro doesn't ,on the other hand Pro offer 2x sata 6.0Marvell and 2x sata 6.0 intel and extreme offers 4xMarvell(Marvell-don't like it at all-sluggish )
end up getting Pro and like it a lot but if you need all the extras Asrock offers i would get Asus deluxe or extreme 6 ..all this boards offer solid SLI/CF option(Deluxe and Extreme 6 are cost about the same)
Related resources
a c 107 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 25, 2011 11:47:46 PM

I would definitely recommend ASRock. It will be less expensive for about the same board. I'm Rock-ing a P67 Pro3 from ASRock and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to family and friends.

If you need the built-in Bluetooth and other fancy-schmancy crap though, the ASUS is the way to go.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 25, 2011 11:55:42 PM

i didn't even install bluetooth,it causes more bad then good ,i agree it looks like extreme series is best bang for your buck
m
l
February 26, 2011 3:20:24 PM

I think I am going to go with the AsRock and put the extra cash towards the i7-2600k. Thanks for all your help guys!
m
l
February 26, 2011 3:21:02 PM

Best answer selected by potzy81.
m
l
!