Solved

ASUS P8P67 Pro vs. ASRock P67 Extreme4

Not sure which one to go with here..... CPU: i5-2500k

ASRock P67 Extreme4

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P67%20Extreme4

Seems like a really solid board.

ASUS P8P67 Pro

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=HMMvTCuBcZLfu2YL&templete=2

Budget is not really the issue, as I will pay more for the better board. I am not interested in the super high-end board, as I am not an experienced OC'er.

Do not plan on crossfire or SLI, but would like to have the option in the future.

I cannot find the prices for either of the boards due to the whole B3 issue.

Let me know which one you would choose and why...THANKS!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus p8p67 asrock extreme4
  1. ASRock goes for about 155.00 and the ASUS is about 190.00. I think I am going to go with the ASUS as I am also in the market just because of reputation. The ASRock does look very enticing though.
  2. Best answer
    both this boards are very good ,overclocking on any P67 Mb's are very simple and straight forward ,before the recall Asus was offering 3 year warranty and Asrock 2,now they both offer 3year.The Pro is very popular and you will find a lot of help around the forums if something goes wrong .
    I was going to go the extreme 6 for this build which have on board Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Switch with LED and Pro doesn't ,on the other hand Pro offer 2x sata 6.0Marvell and 2x sata 6.0 intel and extreme offers 4xMarvell(Marvell-don't like it at all-sluggish )
    end up getting Pro and like it a lot but if you need all the extras Asrock offers i would get Asus deluxe or extreme 6 ..all this boards offer solid SLI/CF option(Deluxe and Extreme 6 are cost about the same)
  3. I would definitely recommend ASRock. It will be less expensive for about the same board. I'm Rock-ing a P67 Pro3 from ASRock and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to family and friends.

If you need the built-in Bluetooth and other fancy-schmancy crap though, the ASUS is the way to go.
  4. i didn't even install bluetooth,it causes more bad then good ,i agree it looks like extreme series is best bang for your buck
  5. I think I am going to go with the AsRock and put the extra cash towards the i7-2600k. Thanks for all your help guys!
  6. Best answer selected by potzy81.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus ASrock