dgannon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
AMD Phenom ii x2 550
PowerColor ATI 5770 x16 PCI-E 2.1
4Gb Crucial 1333 DDR3
2x2Gb G Skill 1333 DDR3
500 watt PSU
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM SATA II (3Gb/s)
PS2 Keyboard
First Boot

POST works, detects RAM and Processor, but not my SATA HD. I went to BIOS and changed configuration from IDE to RAID, still nothing. Opened FASTBUILD utility, for configuring arrays. Given options 1-4 (Define Array, Delete array), but pressing the numbers on the keyboard dont work except 4, which is useless because it only shows an address location. I tested my keyboard and all keys are functional. Also getting a low steady beep from the MOBO. I have tried with one stick of RAM, and every possible configuration of RAM in the Slots (1 + 3, 2 + 4, only 1, only 4, etc). Reseated the processor twice, and the video card several times. Any Ideas?

Solution
Welcome, Newcomer. Have you tried a different SATA cable? Port? How about installing the HDD in a different computer?

dgannon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I only have one SATA cable ATM because my previous setup was IDE. For same reason cant try HD on the other PC. I'll purchase another cable tonight and see if that helps. thanks

dgannon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I bought a SATA cable from Radioshack, but that didn't fix the problem. I decided to take the HD out and hold it up to my ear, even though I was sure it was spinning. Well it wasn't, and apparently the low steady beep was coming from the HD. I have concluded that this is a case of a seized motor in my HD. I have seen some ways to fix this online, but since its new I'll just RMA it to be safe. Beginners luck I guess.