(TRAOD) No more FMV on Geforce4800 driver updating?

Hi all,
after updating my video card Geforce4800se with 66.93 WinXP pro (but I also
tried downgrading to 61.77 and 66.81)
I can get no more FMV and intro video when I run Traod build 49.
I can only press esc repeatedly (say 3 times) to get finally the "load
game - save game " screen.
I can either disable or enable FMV in the game settings, still no result....
Anyone has got a clue or the same problem of mine?
Thx all
CP
3 answers Last reply
More about traod geforce4800 driver updating
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "CpT.ParsleY" <spamyourgr@ndma.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > after updating my video card Geforce4800se with 66.93 WinXP pro (but
    > I also tried downgrading to 61.77 and 66.81)
    > I can get no more FMV and intro video when I run Traod build 49.
    > I can only press esc repeatedly (say 3 times) to get finally the
    > "load game - save game " screen.
    > I can either disable or enable FMV in the game settings, still no
    > result.... Anyone has got a clue or the same problem of mine?
    > Thx all
    > CP

    Just get the black screen? Try updating the Rad-Smacker/Binks tools.
    You'd have to Google for the site, but that's what I did to get the
    FMV's to show. Oh, one other thing before that even. Check your
    Anti-ALiasing and Anistropic Filtering settings in the Nvidia control
    panel. Make sure they are set to Application Controlled or OFF. Almost
    every game I have requires that IT be allowed to control it, not the
    driver.
    HIH
    McG.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > "CpT.ParsleY" <spamyourgr@ndma.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > after updating my video card Geforce4800se with 66.93 WinXP pro (but
    > > I also tried downgrading to 61.77 and 66.81)
    > > I can get no more FMV and intro video when I run Traod build 49.
    > > I can only press esc repeatedly (say 3 times) to get finally the
    > > "load game - save game " screen.
    > > I can either disable or enable FMV in the game settings, still no
    > > result.... Anyone has got a clue or the same problem of mine?
    > > Thx all
    > > CP
    >
    > Just get the black screen? Try updating the Rad-Smacker/Binks tools.
    > You'd have to Google for the site, but that's what I did to get the
    > FMV's to show.

    AA and Aniso were ok
    What should I set into rad tools?
    Thanx a lot anyway
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> "CpT.ParsleY" <spamyourgr@ndma.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> after updating my video card Geforce4800se with 66.93 WinXP pro (but
    >>> I also tried downgrading to 61.77 and 66.81)
    >>> I can get no more FMV and intro video when I run Traod build 49.
    >>> I can only press esc repeatedly (say 3 times) to get finally the
    >>> "load game - save game " screen.
    >>> I can either disable or enable FMV in the game settings, still no
    >>> result.... Anyone has got a clue or the same problem of mine?
    >>> Thx all
    >>> CP
    >>
    >> Just get the black screen? Try updating the Rad-Smacker/Binks tools.
    >> You'd have to Google for the site, but that's what I did to get the
    >> FMV's to show.
    >
    > AA and Aniso were ok
    > What should I set into rad tools?
    > Thanx a lot anyway

    Just install their latest version. Sometimes, with re-installations of
    a game, supporting programs will end up with misplaced or corrupted
    files. Reinstallation usually fixes that minor problem.
    McG.

Graphics Cards Games Video Games