application icon in the menu

New xpsp2 installation. When I go to start/prog/word and use this
application, the next time I restart or goes to the start menu, I can see
that there is the 'word' icon on the left pane. Similarly when I use Power
Point, Excel there will be an icon (for each application) in the start menu.
Guess, soon it will be full of all the applications. How do I stop all these
icons appearing in the menu, please advice, thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about application icon menu

    "hillary" <hillary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >New xpsp2 installation. When I go to start/prog/word and use this
    >application, the next time I restart or goes to the start menu, I can see
    >that there is the 'word' icon on the left pane. Similarly when I use Power
    >Point, Excel there will be an icon (for each application) in the start menu.
    >Guess, soon it will be full of all the applications. How do I stop all these
    >icons appearing in the menu, please advice, thanks

    Use the Classic Start Menu, f. e. The new Start Menu will list the
    applications that you have used recently or most often in the left
    pane.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Start Menu Windows XP