ASRock 870 Extreme3 Problem (3 problems to be exact)

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I'm having a friend build the computer and they can't get it to POST. The following errors are what come up.

D1 - Perform keyboard controller BAT test. Check if waking up from power management suspend state. Save power-on CPUID value in scratch CMOS.

D3 - If memory sizing module not executed, start memory refresh and do memory sizing in Bootblock code. Do additional chipset intialization. Re-enable CACHE. Verify that flat mode is enabled.

C7 - Early CPU init Exit

Also, there is no video, but not sure if it's because of the above or another issue altogether.

What do they mean? How can I fix? Does this mean the Mobo is dead?

CPU: AMD 955 BE
GPU: XFX 5770
Cooler: Hyper 212+
RAM: GSkill Ripjaw that was on the mobo's qvl list.

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I don't know if my friend did that or not, but will pass it on. Anything else should try?

Is my Mobo DOA or something?

There has never been any video, but I know the card is good as it's the card I've been using for over a year now.

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I sent her that link, after reading it, I know she's done a few of those, not sure if all though.

I gave her a link to this thread hopefully she'll post, if not I'll reply with what she tells me.

I'm just getting very frustrated. I don't have a good computer right now and I'm trying not to trouble her too much. But I'm getting tired of waiting lol

I would not suspect a faulty mobo just yet. These faults seem to indicate a ram issue, do you have any other ram to test?
The CPU init is usually a ram issue.
Def easter egg the ram.

Well, if you could get it to post then you could run memtest...
I think if you have tried booting with one stick and then the other, its not likely both (or all) sticks are bad but it IS within the realm of possibility.

Msybe one of you has another friend you can swap out the memory and test it in their machine.

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Doubt that will be possible. Not sure if I should RMA just the RAM or Mobo or Both.

I know none of my friends have DDR3 machines either, they have DDR2 or DDR1. She may have friends that do, but not sure.

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Thanks to everyone that helped. The one building the computer found out two things.

1) The backplate of the Hyper 212+ was touching the mobo tray shorting out the motherboard.
2) One stick of RAM is bad. Only found out after she found out problem #1