Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel SRT w/ 1 TB hd partitioned?

Last response: in Storage
July 24, 2012 1:10:28 PM

Hello my Tom's hardware genuses! First off I want to say I love randomly reading posts from the home page. The amount of knowledge here in the toms community is amazing! That being said I have a quick question.

I am using intel SRT tech to cache my hard drive with my 64gb vertex 4. Yes I know you guys love putting windows on the SSD but I love how my entire system feels now and am extremely satisfied with the performance I am getting. OK I got off point a little bit there sorry. Question is can I set up a seperate partion on that drive without screwing something up? I want to make a 100gb partition and dual boot with Windows 8.

I feel like I havent explained this well enough. Let me know if I've lost you.

Thanks!

More about : intel srt partitioned

a b G Storage
July 24, 2012 2:42:53 PM

yes you can setup a dual boot with windows 8.
m
l
July 24, 2012 10:29:53 PM

nhasian said:
yes you can setup a dual boot with windows 8.

Just gave it a shot. It doesnt see any of my drives when I try to install Win8. At least I was able to extend the size of my main drive back to normal again with no problems. Maybe I'll just wait. It's not essential yet. But I am wanting to learn it since Its job related for me.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b G Storage
July 25, 2012 1:14:21 AM

I dont understand. when you tried to install windows 8, the installation process could not see any of your target drives? If that is the case then you need to supply a driver for your hard disk controller. or you can put the target drive on your native hard disk controller on SATA0 or SATA1 and that would work as well.
July 25, 2012 1:23:42 AM

nhasian said:
I dont understand. when you tried to install windows 8, the installation process could not see any of your target drives? If that is the case then you need to supply a driver for your hard disk controller. or you can put the target drive on your native hard disk controller on SATA0 or SATA1 and that would work as well.

I'll give it a go. Thanks.
m
l
August 4, 2012 3:45:45 AM

Best answer selected by dapuppet007.
m
l
!