TR1 easter egg

Tomb Raider - Hidden soundbites
If you pop your Tomb Raider disc into the Playstation cd player (this
might work on a regular cd player), you can access songs from the game.
If u skip to track 99 and go through to 130 there will be some hilarious
soundbites from the workers of the game! These cannot be found any other
way in the main game. Check this out! These great sounbites include such
classics as "are you talking to me", and many more! Enjoy.

From an easter egg archive site.
McG.

Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

> Tomb Raider - Hidden soundbites
> If you pop your Tomb Raider disc into the Playstation cd player (this
> might work on a regular cd player), you can access songs from the game. If
> u skip to track 99 and go through to 130 there will be some hilarious
> soundbites from the workers of the game! These cannot be found any other
> way in the main game. Check this out! These great sounbites include such
> classics as "are you talking to me", and many more! Enjoy.
>

> From an easter egg archive site.
> McG.

I've heard about this but i think it only works with original versions of
the game - I have the sold out software version of TR1 and this egg doesn't
work.

McGrandpa wrote:

> Tomb Raider - Hidden soundbites
> If you pop your Tomb Raider disc into the Playstation cd player (this
> might work on a regular cd player), you can access songs from the game.
> If u skip to track 99 and go through to 130 there will be some hilarious
> soundbites from the workers of the game! These cannot be found any other
> way in the main game. Check this out! These great sounbites include such
> classics as "are you talking to me", and many more! Enjoy.
>
> From an easter egg archive site.
> McG.

I tried this on my CD player, but it won't go over track 57.
(I don't have a Playstation.)

-- G

"Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Tomb Raider - Hidden soundbites
>> If you pop your Tomb Raider disc into the Playstation cd player (this
>> might work on a regular cd player), you can access songs from the
>> game. If u skip to track 99 and go through to 130 there will be some
>> hilarious soundbites from the workers of the game! These cannot be
>> found any other way in the main game. Check this out! These great
>> sounbites include such classics as "are you talking to me", and many
>> more! Enjoy. From an easter egg archive site.
>> McG.
>
> I've heard about this but i think it only works with original
> versions of the game - I have the sold out software version of TR1
> and this egg doesn't work.

Right, I recall that discussion in here not so long ago.
Cheers!
McG.

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Tomb Raider - Hidden soundbites
>>>If you pop your Tomb Raider disc into the Playstation cd player (this
>>>might work on a regular cd player), you can access songs from the
>>>game. If u skip to track 99 and go through to 130 there will be some
>>>hilarious soundbites from the workers of the game! These cannot be
>>>found any other way in the main game. Check this out! These great
>>>sounbites include such classics as "are you talking to me", and many
>>>more! Enjoy. From an easter egg archive site.
>>>McG.
>>
>>I've heard about this but i think it only works with original
>>versions of the game - I have the sold out software version of TR1
>>and this egg doesn't work.
>

> Right, I recall that discussion in here not so long ago.
> Cheers!
> McG.

I thought it was just the Playstation version of the game that had the
full soundtrack. I seem to remember the reasoning being that PCs of the
time would not be able to handle the full caboodle. A rather
short-sighted view!!

JW

"John Whitworth" <j_dublevay@yarhooh.co.uk> wrote in message
> McGrandpa wrote:
>> "Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I've heard about this but i think it only works with original
>>> versions of the game - I have the sold out software version of TR1
>>> and this egg doesn't work.
>>

>> Right, I recall that discussion in here not so long ago.
>> Cheers!
>> McG.
>>

> I thought it was just the Playstation version of the game that had the
> full soundtrack. I seem to remember the reasoning being that PCs of
> the time would not be able to handle the full caboodle. A rather
> short-sighted view!!
>
> JW

The very first versions of the game has a LOT of stuff that isn't played
at all. Only the PS can read that properly I'm told, cause its stuff
thats within a soundtrack and the game goes by times.
McG.

Ya know what's funny, I played the heck out of TR1, running all over the
place in the Lost Valley, and never could find that last machine cog until I
got a cheat book, but the purpose of this post is that it was Years,
**YEARS** later that I played it on a better machine and found out there
were lead-in and between the scenes movies!! You know, the 'Put a sock in
it Larson', and 'How's a real man get that kinda attention?' And I still
thought the game was amazing (and still do). ^_^

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!