Raid on p7p55D-E Pro

Tolyn Ironhand

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I have a new system that I put together but am having trouble with setting up a RAID 1.
My System (relevant stuff):
Asus P7P55D-E Pro
4GB PC-1600 DDR3 ram
120GB SSD G.Skill
2x 1TB Seagate HD

My Os (Windows Home Premium) is installed on the SSD and the 1TB drives will be my storage drives. System works fine with out setting the TB drives to RAID 1, but when I set it up for RAID, the system will not boot. The Mobo guide does not mention having to have the drives connected any particular SATA port. It does mention "Due to chipset limitation, when any of the SATA ports are set to RAID mode, all STAT ports run at RAID mode together" Is this my issue? Looking around the forums it seams like others have done the same thing I am without issues. I must be missing something small.

The second link is http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardware/112584-how-enable-ahci-raid-mode-without-reinstalling-windows-p35-ich9-ich9r-5.html

When installing Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 on an ICHxR based motherboard, you should configure the BIOS for RAID even if you have a single drive. Then you can switch back to AHCI or IDE without problems because all required drivers will already be installed and active at boot time. I still recommend that you download and install the latest Intel Matrix RAID Drivers.