Sign in with
Your question

Crashes during games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 29, 2010 6:50:57 PM

Okay before I get started I'll give my computer's specs...
Intel Core 2 Duo 8400 @ 3.0GHZ
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Ultra Lifetime Series Pro 750 Watt PSU
ASUS P5N-D NForce 750I SLI LGA 775 mobo
Radeon HD 5750 Visiontek

Now to the problem at hand..
So I just put in this new card and at various times into gaming sessions (sometimes a couple hours sometimes a matter of minutes) the game will freeze for a few seconds while the sound continues. Then, the screen turns entirely a solid color, green, tan, blue, and then my dell monitor enters power save mode. After a little while in power save it turns into the BSOD and I'm forced to restart my computer.
I've uploaded the latest drivers and cleaned out old ones multiple times, have many temperature sensors which say I'm running at reasonable temps, I've run memtest and come out with passing results. I just can't figure out why this is happening.
Any suggestions or ideas, or anyone who's dealt with this problem would be of great help, thanks!

More about : crashes games

April 29, 2010 9:21:49 PM

RMA the card?
m
l
Related resources
April 29, 2010 11:00:13 PM

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA8006ED1190
BCP2: FFFFF8800404202C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
m
l
a c 1411 U Graphics card
April 30, 2010 12:27:39 AM

Points to GPU drivers and since you have already done the updates and cleaning RMA is the next logical step.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 30, 2010 3:42:58 PM

bplary said:
Okay before I get started I'll give my computer's specs...
Intel Core 2 Duo 8400 @ 3.0GHZ
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Ultra Lifetime Series Pro 750 Watt PSU
ASUS P5N-D NForce 750I SLI LGA 775 mobo
Radeon HD 5750 Visiontek

Now to the problem at hand..
So I just put in this new card and at various times into gaming sessions (sometimes a couple hours sometimes a matter of minutes) the game will freeze for a few seconds while the sound continues. Then, the screen turns entirely a solid color, green, tan, blue, and then my dell monitor enters power save mode. After a little while in power save it turns into the BSOD and I'm forced to restart my computer.
I've uploaded the latest drivers and cleaned out old ones multiple times, have many temperature sensors which say I'm running at reasonable temps, I've run memtest and come out with passing results. I just can't figure out why this is happening.
Any suggestions or ideas, or anyone who's dealt with this problem would be of great help, thanks!

hey buddy.....
try to change the voltages tof the system may be it works,else keep the card cool for somtime and play intensive games ,let it tune the slowly it will intereact any get perfect,then try updating the BIOS ,BTW did u tried different games?
m
l
May 1, 2010 5:11:10 AM

bud

the anonymous post is mine....
if the problem is'nt solved write to me again....
we'll surly solve the thing...

regards........
m
l
May 1, 2010 6:49:01 AM

The problem you are experiencing is called a TDR (timeout detection and recovery)

There is an Nvidia sticky thread on their forums that explains what calls them and how to fix them. You are not alone, this problem has been going on for a couple of years now and still has not been fixed. However, you can fix them yourself by a process of elimination and it will be an enormous weight off your mind.

- Run at stock values for all components in your machine, go on manufactures website for your CPU and GPU and find the stock clock speed for components and underclock if needed (this way my fix, found out GPU was factory overclocked by about 70MHZ)

- Make sure you have a sufficient PSU installed for your machine, inparticular the 12V rail which powers your graphics card. I had to go up to an 850W to truly eliminate the problem when I experienced them. You can easily google what your card needs on the 12V rail.

- Make sure memory is not faulty (there is an application called Memtest 86 I think which you can run overnight to check for faults). Also try running memory in single channel mode if your currently running dual channel. I think you mention you've tried this already though.

Get good airflow through your case by tidying up cables and making sure all components that have the potential to get really hot run well under their recommended maximum temp.

Dont bother taking it to a shop, they wont have a clue how to fix it.

I found that having the absolutely latest driver made no difference to this whatsoever, and 9 times out of 10 its hardware related. Seen it on a couple of other machines but to fix it, it's basically a process of elimation. If all else fails, and you have exhausted all options people recommend, change the card. I dont think this will be necessary though.
m
l
!