kenta5

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
I have received the following message:
"ATI Warning
The catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics advisor.
Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager."
I updated the ATI graphics driver, but was informed that it was already updated.
Can anyone help me please. What is the next step?

kenta5

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010

Hello mister G. Thanks for your response.
My display adapter is ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO.
Yes I went to AMD`s site to update the adapter. I tried several times, but each time they responded that I had the latest version.
Maybe the next step is to "enable the ATI adapter using the Displays Manager"as they suggested earlier. But I do not know how to do this!
Regards
Kenta5

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Go to the device manager and see if there are additional adapters other than AMDs. Did you set the motherboard to disable the onboard IGP and use the Radeon?

kenta5

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010

I looked at the Displays manager, but it shows the Radeon HD 2400 PRO only.
I have not looked at the motherboard as it has funtioned well ever since I purchased the computer.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Did the card come with the PC or did you add it in, if it's an add-in you must modify motherboard settings to disable onboard video so the Radeon can work correctly.

kenta5

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010

Thanks for your proposal, but the card came already fitted with the Dell Inspiron 530.

kenta5

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it.

holley2583

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
Hey, I'm having the same issue, but i have both ATI Radeon HD 5650 and Intel(R) HD graphics chips...I am getting the same error message. Running Win7 64bit... the HP dv6 stock graphics chip is the Intel, however, I updated to the ATI. Both drivers are updated to latest version, and both are enabled in my device manager. I'm actually wondering if I should remove the Intel driver...wouldn't that fix the issue? I got the dreaded blue screen once recently and im still not sure what went wrong, possibly an old or un-needed driver such as this? Appreciate any help...