Is it possible to max your hd

my packard bell froze earlier tonight no response what so ever i was transferring files to it from my laptop so i ahd to hard reset, it then would not boot up after a few more attempts to boot up the power light became red lighting up a can symbol the it goes off, is it possible i maxed out the hhd and now it cant boot?
12 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Did you get a prior warning from Windows that your hard disk was filling up? If not, I don't think your problem is that you filled up your HDD.
    And even if you did - that should not keep the PC from booting.

Do you have a bootable CD you can try?
  2. no warning from windows, i have a old xp disk but it shuts off before anything even appears on the screen
  3. Can you get into BIOS settings? Set the PC to boot from CD first, then hard disk.
  4. can;t get into anything, i press the power button a red comes on the power button and then goes off
  5. ive removed cmos battery and put in another one also cleaned my ram and slots but to no avail also i plugged in another hhd(from a laptop which was suspect) stilll no luck, really need help i also tried PB website which is next to useless doesnt even tell you what a red light means
  6. It probably means a failed POST - (power on self test).
    You're not hearing any beep code?
    Any of the cooling fans start running, then stop?
  7. That's not the hard drive then. If the screen isn't even turning on, it's failing before or during the POST, which means that it is a fairly serious hardware error. Is there any flashing or beeping that occurs when you try to turn it on, and do the fans start?
  8. the fan starts initially then shuts down, no beeps though
  9. no flashing either just the red light on around the power button and the can symbol lit then nothing
  10. You definitely have a failed part.
    Without a beep code telling you where to look it's not easy to know how to find the problem.

They're not expensive
    PC case mini speaker
  11. WR2 said:
    You definitely have a failed part.
    Without a beep code telling you where to look it's not easy to know how to find the problem.

They're not expensive
    PC case mini speaker
    http://www.bestbyte.net/merchant/graphics/00000001/CACP01SP1.jpg

so far ive replaced cmos battery disconnected all drives and cards aswell as test ram slots and ram and without ram, the only thing left i can think off is PSU,cpu,mobo
Ask a new question

Read More

Packard Bell Boot HD Components