Is it possible to max your hd

ravenor_77

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
my packard bell froze earlier tonight no response what so ever i was transferring files to it from my laptop so i ahd to hard reset, it then would not boot up after a few more attempts to boot up the power light became red lighting up a can symbol the it goes off, is it possible i maxed out the hhd and now it cant boot?

Did you get a prior warning from Windows that your hard disk was filling up? If not, I don't think your problem is that you filled up your HDD.
And even if you did - that should not keep the PC from booting.

Do you have a bootable CD you can try?

ravenor_77

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
ive removed cmos battery and put in another one also cleaned my ram and slots but to no avail also i plugged in another hhd(from a laptop which was suspect) stilll no luck, really need help i also tried PB website which is next to useless doesnt even tell you what a red light means

That's not the hard drive then. If the screen isn't even turning on, it's failing before or during the POST, which means that it is a fairly serious hardware error. Is there any flashing or beeping that occurs when you try to turn it on, and do the fans start?

You definitely have a failed part.
Without a beep code telling you where to look it's not easy to know how to find the problem.

They're not expensive
PC case mini speaker
CACP01SP1.jpg

ravenor_77

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010