Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Quick question! Need answer asap!

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 26, 2011 9:10:26 PM

Motherboard specs:

CPU Socket Type
LGA 775

CPU Type
Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo / Pentium EE / Pentium

FSB
1066/800MHz

Supported CPU Technologies
Hyper-Threading Technology


On this mudda board can i run this type of cpu?

Dual Core
Quad Core
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2011 10:09:38 PM

gamerguy_61 said:
Also would it be worth upgrading to this processor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Or just upgrade motherboard and get an itel i5 its only like 30 bucks more

upgrading the motherboard will generally also require new RAM. That being said, I think the I5 upgrade would be worth it even if you had to buy new RAM. :D 
m
0
l
Related resources
February 26, 2011 10:11:35 PM

clarkjd said:
upgrading the motherboard will generally also require new RAM. That being said, I think the I5 upgrade would be worth it even if you had to buy new RAM. :D 


Im trying to spend as little money as possible. Upgrading a mobo/ram will cost too much.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2011 10:16:58 PM

gamerguy_61 said:
Im trying to spend as little money as possible. Upgrading a mobo/ram will cost too much.

You asked for an opinion. :hello:  ..What type of ram do you currently use? If it is DDR3, then you COULD use it on the I5 -2500 build, otherwise, you would need new ram. :( 
m
0
l
February 26, 2011 11:44:51 PM

clarkjd said:
You asked for an opinion. :hello:  ..What type of ram do you currently use? If it is DDR3, then you COULD use it on the I5 -2500 build, otherwise, you would need new ram. :( 


I have ddr 2 ram. My computer is old i just want to upgrade a bit nothing too much. Trying to spend little as possible. So im buying 8gb of ddr 2 ram b/c that is only whay my mobo supports. But i need a better processor. So i was wondering if a dual or quad core processors are compatible with the mobo i have.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 27, 2011 1:37:50 AM

Exactly what motherboard do you have?
m
0
l
February 27, 2011 2:57:34 PM

clarkjd said:
Exactly what motherboard do you have?

ASUS P5B DELUXE
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 27, 2011 7:31:20 PM

gamerguy_61 said:
ASUS P5B DELUXE

go to this website:
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=bswT66IBSb2rEWNa
click on the CPU support list and it will give you a list of all the supported CPUs. Pick the one that fits your price/performance needs :sol: 
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 27, 2011 7:42:50 PM

gamerguy_61 said:
Thanks!

No Prob...Hope i helped you :D 
m
0
l
!