Resolution change on boot

solidussnake

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
i have a computer with a ati radeon x1250 and i want it to stay in 1024*768 but on reboot it gets knocked down to 640*480 i have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for this vista 32bit system and tried to change in registry key hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\hardware profiles\0001\system\currentcontrolset\control\video\42cf9257-1d96-4c9d-87f3-0d8e74595f78}\0000 and changed the default x and default y in to x=ox(400) y=0x(300). i know theres batch file programs that will change it back with batch file but i would like an actual fix. Any suggestions?

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Not sure if you've tried newer drivers, but here they are. Your GPU is an IGP, if you keep on having these problems how comfortable are you with opening the case, dusting off some components and maybe adding a graphics card?

G

hey bro....

Lets cure this compter from the fever..

first try this..
Its in display settings. Alt+F2 type display and it should be there. Like I've said it should let you choose your monitor's make and model it will then give you the screen resolution options for that particular model.

second
check drivers especially vga one's and Service packs

third -optional
try checking any third party or overclocking app

fourth
try open cmd prmpt nd typ
powercfg -h on

fifth(surely work)
download latest crivers and install them after uninstalling the drivers completely.

solidussnake

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
ok im stumped its fixed now but idk how. i disabled all the startup then restarted then enabled all the same ones that were on at first and problem solved. im still wondering how that fixed it if same startup files are enabled as before