Solved

Does a simultaneous use of ATI Radeon 2400 Pro AGP and ATI Radeon HD 4890 PCIE s

Hello,
Does a simultaneous use of ATI Radeon 2400 Pro AGP and ATI Radeon HD 4890 PCIE slow down a system
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about does simultaneous radeon 2400 radeon 4890 pcie
  1. Only if the applications displaying on each one run out of memory or CPU cores (multitasking) working at the same time.
  2. rolli59 said:
    Only if the applications displaying on each one run out of memory or CPU cores (multitasking) working at the same time.

I'm running FSX on a mobo w/only one pcie slot. I had upgraded from the hd 2400 agp to a hd 4890 and I'm happy, but....... now I have this xtra card that I can put to good use if it does'nt hurt. I would hate it if it slowed down my 4890! You still think it's ok?????
  3. I'm running FSX on a mobo w/only one pcie slot. I had upgraded from the hd 2400 agp to a hd 4890 and I'm happy, but....... now I have this xtra card that I can put to good use if it does'nt hurt. I would hate it if it slowed down my 4890! You still think it's ok?????
  4. Best answer
    LOL

Most boards don't have both agp and pci-e and those that do don't support the use of both at once with the exception of one but only a few were made. So the answer is no you can't use the 2400 pro agp and your 4890 pci-e in the same box at once.
  5. Thanks nforce, that makes sense and saves a lot of time. I should have looked at the board before I asked the dumb question!!!
  6. Best answer selected by nickthegreek.
  7. The only dumb question is one that isn't asked. Your welcome :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon HD ATI Graphics