Quality of Zalman PSUs

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Today, I am replacing (and requesting a RMA) my second Zalman PSU. In November 2008, my ZM600-HP died just after the warranty had expired and this week my ZM750-HP gave up the ghost (intermittent fails requiring "reset" by disconnecting power source for 30 secs). Generally, I had been happy with both while they worked properly, but getting approximately 2 years use out of a "premium" PSU is unacceptable given what they cost and what one expects.

Reviews of these PSUs have been positive and reviewers like them (they do run cool and quiet). So, has anyone else had such problems with Zalman PSUs? Certainly, I can't be the only one.

The "fun" never stops!!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
These reviews are consistent with my initial use as well. They are great for about 2 years and then they die. I am interested in other long term user experiences with these PSUs. Zalman usually makes pretty stuff, so this has been disappointing to say the least.

BTW, I have used each of the brands you mentioned (and am using most of them now) and have been happy with all of them. Agreed on researching the make/model being looked at.

HOOAH!!!