Sign in with
Your question

Mid-range gaming keyboard

Last response: in Components
August 5, 2010 11:33:25 PM

Hey guys, I hope I am posting this in the correct forum as I couldn't find an "accessories" forum. Anyway, I have built myself a new gaming rig and I am looking for a keyboard to go with it. I have spent the past few days looking around the mid-range market (around $60-70) and I have found two I like. The Microsoft Sidewinder x6 and Logitech G110 are comparably priced and offer different perks. Has anyone used either of these and can comment in favor or against them? Also, if someone has a similarly priced (or cheaper!) alternative that is as good could you please post it. Thank you :) 
a b 4 Gaming
August 5, 2010 11:56:25 PM

My thoughts:
If you need the wrist rest, get the microsoft, if you don't, get the cheapest. Keep in mind this is from a guy who doesn't find a gaming difference between a stock microsoft/IBM keyboard and something higher end, though.
m
l
August 6, 2010 12:04:45 AM

enzo matrix said:
My thoughts:
If you need the wrist rest, get the microsoft, if you don't, get the cheapest. Keep in mind this is from a guy who doesn't find a gaming difference between a stock microsoft/IBM keyboard and something higher end, though.

Yeah, I would like to go on the cheaper side but I have just heard from both forums and friends that "ghosting" can be a pretty big issue when gaming on cheaper keyboards.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
August 6, 2010 12:09:58 AM

What games are you playing? I've never had an issue with cheap keyboards.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 6, 2010 12:32:48 AM

I have a G110 and a Lycosa.
The Lycosa is dead sexy but is buggy,attracts fingerprints and dust,has low profile keys(could like or dislike).
The G110 has been troublefree and i prefer the higher keys.
Sweet new lcd version of G110 the G510 Logitech kb
http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/keyboards/keyboard/device...
m
l
August 6, 2010 1:42:22 AM

enzo matrix said:
What games are you playing? I've never had an issue with cheap keyboards.

The main complaints friends have told me about are multi-key macros in MMOs like WoW. Cheaper keyboards have trouble apparently recognizing multiple simultaneous or successive keystrokes and his macros often don't go off. He had a g15 before and said there was no issue but when he switched to the default Dell keyboard the issues arose. I will be playing mainly FPSs like Crysis and TF2 and some RTSs like SC2 and maybe warhammer.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 6, 2010 11:27:08 AM

i have the logitech G15. All I have to say is, get a backlit keyboard. Much better for playing with the lights off.
m
l
August 6, 2010 1:55:50 PM

If you're good enough you shouldn't even need to look at the keyboard.
m
l
!