When will the Intel x67 motherboards come back?

I was looking at some Intel core i3 2100 CPUs. (they beat the AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE for the same price) I was wondering when the new x67 motherboards come back, and how much a not great, but not back one is. I am looking at motherboards that are around $100. Also, are they going to make a i3 2100k CPU instead of a 2100 CPU?

z06psi

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
They are shipping now from some companies as replacements. I would think that they will show up in retail with in two weeks in limited quantities and by April be in full production and availability.

Maybe the ASRock Pro? 135-140?

I think I will end up getting a Core i5 2.8Ghz CPU with a MSI Crossfire motherboard. The MoBo is ony like $90 and the CPU is about $200. By the way, what do you think is better, the core i3 2100, or the core i5 760? I will also end up OCing my CPU, so what will end up doing best in games? I would like to add is the motherboard cost too. I am on a $700 budget, so I cannot do the best of everything.

Well, are you sure it is not overclockable, or just not a 'k' series with a unlocked multiplier? I think you can still OC with the front-side bus.

z06psi

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
No Sandy Bridge is not allowing Bclk adjustment. The max I have seen is 110Mhz and that is unusual. If you want to overclock you have to pay the 30-40 difference for the K series.

Now that is just ridiculous. Why couldn't they just done what AMD did and let you OC without an unlock, or OC like a pro with it? It would be more successful that way. Either way, I guess I will be getting a Core i5 760 if I can sell my computer. What do you guys think my computer will go for on craigslist, maybe $650?

System Specs:

AMD Athlon II X3 440 @ 3.5Ghz 1.5v

OCZ 600w PSU

Biostar Mcp6p M2+

4gb PNY Dual Channel 800 Mhz

SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon hd6850 Toxic edition

WD Blue Caviar 500GB 7200RPM drive

LG Super-Multi Burner drive

2gb RAM, PSU, and hd6850 are very new.

Dnhilos

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
I think its smart of Intel, the K series are just 30-40 more and they earn some money on it while it doesn't cost them anything more. Also, for the normal computer user the normal series will be sufficient.

you can buy that for €650 over here i think..
I think you should be happy with 400 bucks :\
Depends on how old your computer is tho..
if its about 2 years old it already lost half its value

ofcourse its in euros and i dont have a real idea of the prices over there..
but i'd say try checking how much the system costs, half the price and maybe add 50-100 to start with.. see how it goes. You might be lucky

If you are in the UK your money is worth more than mine. Where do you live? If I could get $650 I would be happy. My computer is at max 4 months. I know it would be more than $400 because I build it for $600. I am trying to make a profit. Also, the GPU is like $200 for th one I has (OC edition) and the rest I know would be worth more than $200 plus overclocks.