Cpu

G

Hello, got a new comp, i5-650 4gig ram 3.2hrtz and all. comp very very... slow, what do i do with this , cpu not even reach 20% help me b4 i drown the comp pls thanx

rohn_avni

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
cpu not even reach 20% .......(if cpu not reaching 20% that doesn't mean it's slow.. feed the processor & watch) what u r doing with ur pc? run something that taxes ur processor and then watch how it will go above 20%... if ur pc is ideal then ur cpu will not go beyond 3 %...

tell us ur other specs.......

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Cool rig setup, not-so-cool understanding. A lower load is always good. Do you want push your CPU to the 100% limit at all times? That would be like riding a horse at its max speed for hours. In the end, the horse could die of exhaustion. Well, it's not like your CPU could die like the horse, but it will raise the temperature significantly. Which without proper cooling, can literally kill the CPU.

A 20% load means that the CPU is only using 1/5 of its total processing strength. Imagine if the CPU is at 80% load while only watching HD video. Now that sucks

If you want a faster response from your PC, tweak the OS. Although, I don't think with an i5 and 4GBs of RAM will need any OS tweaks.

Hello, got a new comp, i5-650 4gig ram 3.2hrtz and all. comp very very... slow, what do i do with this , cpu not even reach 20% help me b4 i drown the comp pls thanx

I hope you meant 3.2Ghz and not 3.2Hz. That would be slow if the case! :lol:

Anyways that issue right there sound like either the HDD that is very slow, some how a virus/spyware/ect, or there to many background task trying to come up at once.

Does the HDD activity like always flashing/staying on the computer case lit when running the computer? If so, then what i just said above is it.

First check for viruses and stuff like that. Unlikly that a new computer already got as such but it's not uncommon.

Second, Is this a prebuilt computer?

If so, Uninstall all the useless bloatware programs that they put on.

if you built this, reinstall the OS.

is second fails,

3. Whats you're HDD specs? You may have an extreamly slow hdd.... Which would mean either a newer faster HDD or an SSD would solve you're issue.