Monitor or card?

tuffluck

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
so bf:bc2 was jumpy, i reinstalled. not jumpy now, but after playing for like half an hour the screen (only occasionally) goes white and then i have to press ctrl+alt+del numerous times to get the task manager. first time i just shut the game down and no biggy. tonight i did it and the screen was black until task manager came up, then i was able to shut the game down, but the screen flickered red flurries until i turned the monitor off and back on. occasionally when i start the game it does the same thing and i have to hit escape to get it to look normal. so i don't know if it's the monitor, the graphics card, or just the game. what do you think?

my setup:

win 7 64
hanns-g 24" monitor
vapor-x 5770 940/1290 (a pretty big OC for this card, still runs under 70c and no artifacting...do you think this above situation means it's OC'd too much or is this something else?)

thanks for the help.

G

Hey.................

I had the same problem but with 1gb of 9400GT
it is due to high overclocking , no need to dissapoint, just slightly underclock it ,the run the game if there is again such funky screen the do it again until you get the max overclockable limit, As you have overclocked you will be knowing that it produces heat and heat reduces speed upto a small amount but we need the game to run smooth,btw wat is th RAM amount you have ,if any of these doesn't solve the problem the try some other games ,must be intensive to graphics if there is no problem in them the just restart and install the game again(I know you did it but again).

hope you get the hell out........

regards......

Happy playing.

tuffluck

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Hey.................

I had the same problem but with 1gb of 9400GT
it is due to high overclocking , no need to dissapoint, just slightly underclock it ,the run the game if there is again such funky screen the do it again until you get the max overclockable limit, As you have overclocked you will be knowing that it produces heat and heat reduces speed upto a small amount but we need the game to run smooth,btw wat is th RAM amount you have ,if any of these doesn't solve the problem the try some other games ,must be intensive to graphics if there is no problem in them the just restart and install the game again(I know you did it but again).

hope you get the hell out........

regards......

Happy playing.

thanks, okay. i'll underclock it a bit. it doesn't get hot at all, but i've raised it even higher and it will immediately die in 3dmark06, without getting too hot again. it's the vapor-x card so i believe it comes factory OC'd anyway, and i'm pushing it another ~10% on top of that. i'll back off 10mhz or so and see if i have any issues. thanks.

tan007

Distinguished
May 1, 2010

hey buddy......

did u checked wat I had said ,try refiting graphics card and check the drver,as a last resort just clean install the driver......

regards.......