Sign in with
Your question

Strange Alarm/Noise on ASUS P6T Deluxe

Last response: in Motherboards
February 27, 2011 4:16:41 PM

Hi,

I have a PC I have built on my own. Some specs:

Core i7 2.93 overclocked to 3.2ghz (Coolermaster V8 CPU cooling)
6GB CORSAIR Dominator RAM
ASUS P6T Deluxe V1 (Latest Bios)
3 x 500GB RAID (0+1) via Adaptec 5805 (latest drivers)
1x NVIDIA GTX260 connected to 1 Dell 2408 and 1 Dell 2405 (using latest WHQL NVidia drivers)
COOLERMASTER Real Power Pro 850 WATT PSU

On Windows 7 Ultimate.

Recently, randomly I get a 1 second alarm/PC speaker noise/buzz I do not even know how to explain it, because I am not sure what it is called. It is one of those noises I guess when you reset the motherboard or whatever. I am not sure where it is coming from...could it by my RAID card? Motherboard? What could it mean?

My temperatures are great via RealTemp (I am idling at about 40 degrees), the system has been super stable for about 2 years now and is still very stable today. There are no start-up errors ever, BIOS reports nothing unusual either.

The noise is alarming though (also because the PC is used a music production workstation and it could ruin a recording take). Could this be an indication of an upcoming problem? How could I determine what does this beep mean, could I look at any logs?

Many thanks!!! I truly appreciate your time and answers.

- Olie
February 28, 2011 11:21:59 PM

Anyone?
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2011 11:00:30 AM

The last time I heard one of those, it was coming from my GPU.

When it happened to me, it was because my PSU was on the verge of dying and wasn't delivering enough voltage to the card (which made it's alarm go off), I replaced it and the speaker sound stopped.

I can't say that you have the same problem because I honestly don't know, if you can, try a friends power supply in your computer. (A decent 450W power supply should be adequate for testing)

Also, when did the sound start? after a BIOS update, a driver update, or just one day you turned on the PC and noticed it?
!