I know many people like to get 24" HD resolution LCD for both good gaming & movie experience, and I'm 1 of them.
I wanted to buy 1 this weekend, but not sure which is better.
Here's a few factors I always heard, idk what they do nor what to get.
- contrast ratio (higher means better colour, but how high is good?)
- response time (some say even 5ms does input lag, how to avoid it?)
- brightness cd/m (at least 300 is what i heard, what it does btw?)
- viewing angle (170/160 or 160/160 @.@?)
- input signal (theres so many type, arghhh idk which to get... rgb, dvi-d, hdmi, etc)
- power consumption (is ok, i never hear anyone fry their lcd)
Here's my specs and budget:
- i5 750
- sapphire hd 5770 vapor-x
- budget below $300
- screen res prefer (16:9 | 1920/1080)
^LOL. Ok, to elaborate a bit most modern LCDs from companies like the LG I linked above will have a 1000:1 contrast ratio, which is fine. Response time - in nearly all cases 5ms or lower will be fine. Viewing angle - not too much variation here. Brightness - not much variation here either. The LG has a HDMI and DVI connector for flexibility.