Differences between PDC SU4100 & C2Duo SU9400

Hi all!

Okay, I am looking to purchase either an Acer Timeline 4810 or its larger screened cousin the 5810 and am a little unsure about which processor to get.

The Acer 4810 commonly comes with a Pentium Dual Core CULV SU4100 1.3ghz processor, but I can - if I throw more money at it - get the Pentium Core 2 Duo CULV SU9400 1.4ghz processor. Now clearly the latter is the better choice but money is tight.

My real query, then, is will the Dual Core SU4100 be sufficient for my needs? I am not a gamer, but a writer using only word-processing software in the main. I do quite a bit of surfing and do some TV streaming (iplayer, 4OD etc) and watch the odd DVD. Will I be able to make do with the PDC or will it struggle? Is there going to be a great difference between these two processors? Would love to know what they'd be if anyone has the time and inclination!

I'll be eternally grateful.

Many thanks.

P
4 answers Last reply
More about differences su4100 c2duo su9400
  1. for internet surfing and word-processing the dual core should be fine
  2. jefe323 said:
    for internet surfing and word-processing the dual core should be fine

thank you jefe! appreciate the swift reply.

so, can I ask what would the main differences be between the Dual Core SU4100 1.3ghz and the Core 2 Duo SU9400 1.4ghz?

thanks again!
  3. Both are dual core (like their names suggest), but the Core 2 has a more powerful micro-architecture
  4. Thank you.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Acer Processors