Compaq Presario 1200 laptop, I can't open the case

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 15, 2004 7:11:04 PM

This may sound pretty lame (actually it is lame) but I can't open the
case for my Compaq Presario 1200 laptop. My hard drive is failing. I
have purchased a new one and want to replace it.

The problem is I can't figure out how to open the case. Can someone
give me a clue on how this case comes apart?

Thanx,
The Lame one
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 15, 2004 8:47:26 PM

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 16, 2004 3:31:11 AM

Richie,
After you get the four little torx (usually) screws out, you need to
push back on the wrist pad (where the touch pad is) to disengage some
hooks in there.
Matt

C.Joseph Drayton wrote:

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 21, 2004 5:34:51 PM

Thank You for your help. I have sucessfully opened the case with your
advice. The hidden hook tip proved to be the correct formula.

!