Sign in with
Your question

Are all of these parts compatible?

Last response: in Systems
June 5, 2010 1:54:23 AM

I am ordering these parts next week and I want to be sure if all of these parts are compatible with each other.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...

The main thing that I am concern about is the CPU heatsink. Will it be able to fit in my case? Please note that I will not be buying these parts at newegg because of the taxes. Some items like the GPU is just there as a placeholder so that I can estimate my final cost. I am trying to get the XFX Radeon 5850 reference version and it seems like a lot of places are out. Tigerdirect seems to have it on their page, but it said estimate 7 to 14 days. Does anyone have any experience with back ordering the 5850 such as the length of your wait time? I might just back order it today just so that I can get it by the time the rest of my parts get here.

More about : parts compatible

June 5, 2010 2:03:00 AM

All the components should work, although I'd get an ASUS P7P55D-E Pro motherboard instead of the GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P. I'm not sure if the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus will fit into the NZXT Tempest EVO, although it should - the Tempest EVO seems pretty big, and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus stands at 158mm tall.
m
l
Related resources
June 5, 2010 2:29:06 AM

I have already bought my case awhile ago because it was $75 MIR and I also bought the Spinpoint F3 recently since it was $64 =). Sorry my wish list is not that updated, but that is about the only things that I have changed.

I was also comparing the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro with the GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P awhile ago, but I did not noticed much of a difference aside that the GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P had more ports. How much better does the ASUS perform over the GIGABYTE? I am planning to OC my CPU. I might OC the GPU when the time is needed.

EDITED: I just saw the Tempest Evo + the Hyper 212+ on someone's sig so I am assuming that they fit fine heh. I took some measurements and it seems like it barely fits and I was just trying to make sure.
m
l
June 5, 2010 6:49:53 AM

Hm.... I did a bit of research and it seems like the ASUS one is better if I am planning to use both SATA 3 and USB 3.0. I guess I'll go with that one then =)
m
l
June 7, 2010 5:50:03 PM

There seems to be an i7-875K on sale for $199.99 so I might pick that one up since it is the same price as my i5-750. Will the i7-875K work on my rig?
m
l
!